The conversion solution from Advanced Software GmbH converts original files from common CAD systems, many industry standard formats and MS Office formats into neutral formats such as TIFF, PDF or PDF / A, e.g. for the approval process in the SAP Document Management System (DVS) or on request another process. In addition, data exchange formats such as DXF, STEP or JT can be generated.
The integration takes place directly with a status change. Our solution only needs a small integration in SAP and little configuration. No modifications to the SAP system are necessary.
Complex configurations such as with the "SAP® conversion server" or other conversion systems are unnecessary. This also applies to status changes in the context of SAP workflows.
Alternatively, the conversion can be started by another program via a program interface.
The structure of the conversion solution
The features of the conversion solution at a glance:
- Conversion of file formats automatically and in the background.
- Differences to the previous version at a glance through difference views (optional).
- PDF and PDF / A files including metadata from SAP and TIFF files can be generated from CAD and Office files.
- Generation of CAD data exchange formats in 2D and 3D (e.g. DXF, DWG or STEP)
- The 2D and 3D data exchange formats, which the CAD system can generate itself, can be generated from CAD files.
- Scaling, rotation, stamping with TrueType fonts, bitmaps and barcodes.
- You can decide whether the stamp should be applied to the document when it is output or as part of the conversion process. If the stamping takes place later during the output (e.g. viewing, printing, file export), it is guaranteed that the neutral format corresponds to the native format. This means that the GDPdU guideline is consistently observed.
- Preparation for viewing. The conversion results in a neutral format so that the original formats do not have to be accessed (authorizations, duration of the view process). The stamping can also only take place when viewing.
The working steps of the conversion solution:
A status change serves as a trigger for the conversion, e.g. manually or as part of a workflow. You can configure which status changes should be converted. The conversion can also be carried out in the locked status.
In addition to the checkout copy, conversion and check-in, further work steps can be defined, e.g. creating a difference view, stamping, exporting to the file system or printing.
It is also possible to integrate the conversion into customer-specific transactions or third-party programs.
Advanced Software GmbH has many years of in-depth know-how in the area of converting and migrating large collections of drawings.
We support the following input and output formats:
Input formats CAD
- SolidWorks®, Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp.
- SolidEdge®, Siemens PLM Software
- MEDUSA®, CAD Schroer
- Creo® Parametric, Parametric Technology Corporation
- NX®, Siemens Digital Industries Software
- Weitere auf Anfrage
Input formats industry standards:
- SAPscript (OTF)
- SAPforms (OTF)
- Weitere auf Anfrage
Input formats MS-Office®
- Microsoft® Word, Microsoft Corporation
- Microsoft® Excel, Microsoft Corporation
- Microsoft® PowerPoint, Microsoft Corporation
- Microsoft® Visio®, Microsoft Corporation
- LibreOffice, The Document Foundation
- Apache OpenOffice, Apache Software Foundation
- Text (z.B. ASCII, ANSI, UNICODE)
- Others on request
- PDF/A with metadata from SAP
- Other raster formats like JPEG and PNG
- Postscript, EPS
- DXF (depending on the application)
- DWG (depending on the application)
- HPGL/2 (depending on the application)
- STEP (depending on the application)
- JT (depending on the application)
- Others on request
Are you interested in further information on our conversion solutions?
Trademark Attribution: SAP is the trademark or registered trademark of SAP SE in Germany and in several other countries.
The conversion solutions from Advanced Software GmbH are also often part of our migration solutions. Here you can get an overview of our migration solutions.
Advantages in an overview
- With copies in neutral formats, you work faster and more effectively because drawings and other documents are displayed and printed out faster than with the original application.
- Access to the original files can thus be specifically controlled via the SAP authorizations.
- The risk of unintentional changes to original files is thus eliminated.
- With the neutral formats, you use file formats that are suitable for long-term archiving.
- You save costs for licenses and training that would be incurred when using the original file formats.
Comprehensive specification for the conversion server
Just send us an e-mail if you would like to receive a comprehensive specification.
Would you like further information? We are looking forward to your call or an email.
Phone: +49 (611) 97759-0 or infoadvanced-softwarede